- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Events & Trainings
EC Brown Foundation 2013-2014 CORE Grants
Request for ApplicationsThrough the generous support of the EC Brown Foundation, the CORE mini-grant program seeks to assist school-based health centers (SBHCs) as they work with school-aged youth to develop healthy relationship skills and knowledge, with a specific focus on personal, social, and sexual health.
The CORE mini-grant program funds SBHC-based projects that support youth social and sexual health, healthy youth relationships, as well as SBHC staff skill development relating to youth social and sexual health.
Projects should have a budget of $10,000 or less and must be achievable within a one-year timeframe. Grant funding will vary based on the scope of the activities in approved grants as well as the number of SBHCs or partners involved. Total CORE awards available will be $45,000, contingent on funding
We are open to a wide variety of projects and activities. You can think large or small, use new approaches or those that are evidence-based, and the Network can help you develop your project.
Who Should Apply:
Eligible applicants meet one of the following criteria:
- Certified school-based health centers in the State of Oregon or
- Single sites or multiple site systems, or
- Planning sites AND
- Current member of the Network. If you are not a current member you must join prior to applying. Click here for membership details
Your project must include one or more SBHCs or planning sites and address at least one of the following healthy relationship topic areas, focusing on youth, parent/family involvement, or both.
- Parent/Family involvement & communication: about healthy youth relationships and/or sexuality
- HIV/STD and/or pregnancy prevention
- Preventing abuse within relationships: Ex: teen dating violence, harassment, bullying especially related to gender/sexual orientation, relational aggression, isolation, respectful communication, physical/mental abuse
- Sexuality Education
For more information, please contact Kate O'Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.719.4515